About > FAQ


Where are you located?

We are located on the Waianae coast.

How do I pay for treatment?

We accept medquest (ohana, alohacare, hmsa) and based on need and eligibility we do have alternative state funding.

How do I get into treatment?

The first step is completing the screening application to determine if you are eligible for services then based on eligibility an assessment is scheduled and completed which determines if you are appropriate for treatment.  Outcome of the assessment will be explained to you with a recommendation. If you are found appropriate for services, admission and orientation to treatment will be scheduled.

Do you take commercial insurance?

We do not accept private insurance at this time but are working on it.

Do you have treatment for youths?

Unfortunately, not at this time. Our programs only service adults 18 and over. If you do call our office we can give information on who does provide services for adolescents.

What kind of programs do you have?

We have three programs: Residential Treatment, Therapeutic Living Program for Men and Outpatient Treatment. Each includes assistance with housing, vocational educational goals.

Do you only help Hawaiians?

No, we do not discriminate against any race, creed, sexual orientation.

What does culturally based mean?

It means that we base our program on Hawaiian values of aloha (love), ohana (family), lokahi (unity), kuleana (responsibility) and pono (harmony).

How do I know if I have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol?

Ask yourself some simple questions…

  • Do I need to drink or use drugs more to get the buzz or high I want more than once?
  • Do I spend more money or time drinking or using drugs that I planned to more than once?
  • Have I missed work or school because I was “partying” the night before more than once?
  • Do I get into arguments with friends or family members because of my drinking or drugging?
  • Do I continue to drink and/or use drugs even though I have a medical (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) or psychological (depression, anxiety, etc.) problem?
  • If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a problem.

I’m worried that people will find out, how do I deal with that?

All information is protected by a federal law 42CFRPart 2 which states that your information cannot be released without your written consent.

Get More Information

2 + 8 =